Passenger safety, comfort, and enjoyment are always our first priority. Flights are conducted only under FAA Visual Flight Rules and light winds on the surface of less than 9 mph. The wind speed at 2400' must be less than 19 mph. We need excellent visibility - no rain - no fog, and if there is a cloud layer, it must be at least 3000'. In order to change direction we need to be able to maneuver up and down to find winds going in different directions. The balloon will land at a location determined during the flight, at the same speed as the wind.
Columbus Aeronauts provides FAA registered and inspected balloons, commercially certified instructor pilots, qualified ground crew, and completely equipped retrieve vehicles. Advance reservations are required. Should unfavorable weather prevent your completion of your scheduled flight, simply reschedule at your convenience, your flight is good until taken. Refundable flights are available with an additional non-refundable service fee of $25.00 per passenger at the time of initial purchase.
You will be required to fill out a pre-flight instruction and policy list as well prior to takeoff
- All passengers must be at least 10 years old. All passengers must be able to climb in and out of the basket and chase vehicle unassisted.
- Gift Certificates must be paid for in advance and are good for one calendar year. You must present your Gift Certificates when meeting with Columbus Aeronauts the day of the flight. Gift Certificates have no cash value and will be honored as a flight only.
- To cancel a flight, a customer must notify Columbus Aeronauts 48 hours before the scheduled flight time to avoid charges.
- The pilot of your balloon makes all decisions regarding your flight. The pilot is concerned about your safety. We as a company will always error on the side of safety. If weather does not cooperate on the date of your flight, your flight will be rescheduled for the next available date that works with your schedule.
- Combined weight of the couple need to be 450 or less.
- Weight of an individual rider needs to be 275 or less.
- Passenger must be able to climb in and out of the gondola and stand for an hour.